Translate

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Skinz


I am the first to admit that I am not a conformist but when it comes to the clothes that I wear and the products that I use on my body I am somewhat of a snob. I don't think there is anything wrong with a woman (or man) only using what they consider the best. Of course not everyone can afford a $400.00 jar of La Mer but there are products out there that can [ALMOST] compare to those of a higher price tag.
I'll show you two of my favorite facial brands that make incredible stuff and two very different price tags.

                                               Kiehl's 

I love its simple packaging and clean smelling products. It never makes my skin too dry or too oily. 
It was founded in 1851 and in a small pharmacy in East Village, NY and now its being sold in 30 retail stores nationwide. Price range: Medium-High $20-80 

Next is an amazing drug store face wash/brand that is probably the least expensive thing in my medicine cabinet but I will wash my face with this almost everyday if not twice (because its so gentle) 

                                              Cetaphil

It's used in every dermatologist's office and you may remember it as a teenager but I still use it in my (late) 20s. They have cleansers and moisturizers all made to your specific skin type.  Price range: very low- low $5-$15 any drugstore will carry them which is the best part. 

moral of the story ladies and gentlemen: You don't need to be rich to be a snob and just because it glitters doesn't mean its gold. Now, go wash your face. 
                             

No comments:

Post a Comment